Monday, March 7, 2011

Back 2 Work

I have been off work for 4 months now!  I was taken off starting November 1st because of preterm contractions.  Now, 4 months later, today is the day I have to go back to work!  It is a very bitter sweet thing for me!  I am not ready to leave my baby boy but I know I have to...for a few hours at a time anyway!  If you know me, you know that all I did before I had my knight in shining armor was work!   So when I got taken off work I had no idea what to do with myself.  I was told to take it easy.  Well this girl isn't good at taking it easy.  Laying on the couch all day is NOT my forte!  So my mom was there for me once again!  Every day that she had off I was with her!  She has always been there for me but this particular situation is something I am very grateful for!  If you have ever been pregnant staying home by yourself, you know what I mean when I say things can get pretty depressing!  Your'e bored, lonely, fat, miserable,  swollen and just plain ready to have a baby!  My mom was there for me like a champ during this time!  She took me out shopping, to lunch, and kept me company like none other!  She made me laugh and helped me keep my head up during a long 3 months of "taking it easy." She took me to all of my weekly doctors appointments for 3 months straight.  And she reminded me numerous times of how worth it this was all going to be!  She couldn't have been more right!  So here's to my mom who is always there for me and everyone else in my family.  She will do anything for her family and I respect her more and more everyday.  Thanks mom for keeping me sane and happy during those last few months!!  Your'e a true best friend!!!!!
Here is Memaw with her newest grandbaby--the prize at the end of the road!  Her giving doesn't end here!  Now, as I go back to work, she is going to use her days off to watch my boy while I go to work!  I'm telling you, she is a gem!  There can't be many around like her!  Talk about putting others first!  She has shown me how I need to be for my family--give, give, give.  Family is all you really need at the end of the day!  They are your flesh and blood and you should always be sure to let them know that they are loved!  Love you MOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment